Custom Astatic JT30, Bullet Microphone
– Hot, Bluesy Tone!
– High-Impedance Harmonica Microphone
– Vintage 1977 Shure Controlled Magnetic
– 99A86 QI element
– Fully Tested and Working
Customized with a Shure Controlled Magnetic element, new Bournes 100K potentiometer for smooth volume control, rethreaded 5/8” screw-on connector (same specs as a Switchcraft 2501). I’ve completely rewired and shrink-tubed the guts of this lady.
Tone-wise, this mic is hot and has great controlled bass distortion when cupped, and clear, crisp tone when open. This CM element sound is what’s important, and it has excellent sound!
The mic features:
– Strong 1977 Shure 99A86 QI element
– New Blows Me Away element gasket
– Perfect Hammertone finish
– Premium Bournes Volume Control
– Knurled solid Aluminum Knob
– Switchcraft-style 5/8” screw-on connector
– 1069 Ohms, Strong element
– All new wiring
Great cosmetic condition. Please look carefully at the photographs.
The mic has been tested on a Mission Chicago 30 watt amp, and on a lovely little Kalamazoo Model Two amp. It performs great on both.