Custom Turner 254, Red Pearl/Chrome
– High-Impedance Harmonica Microphone
– 1953 Shure Black Label element
– Controlled Reluctance model 99H86 344
– Fresh Red Pearl Powder Coat
– New Blows Me Away Element Gasket
– Custom Machined and Wired
– Switchcraft 5/8” screw-on cable connector
– Premium Alpha Volume control
– Premium Red and Chrome Knob
– Fully Tested and Working
This is a chopped, milled, and red pearl powder coated bullet mic from a classic Turner desk microphone. It’s been beheaded and milled to remove the center mohawk rib on the top. This makes the mic a nice small diameter, easy to hold, and ready for the stage.
This Shure Black Label Controlled Reluctance element from 1953 is one of the most sought-after elements out there. Fat, strong, loud gritty tone. Breaks up nicely on the lows when cupped, Bright and crisp when open.
This microphone has been fully rewired, and a new, properly configured, Alpha potentiometer has been installed. The volume control is smooth, and easy to grab with the premium matching red knurled knob.
The Switchcraft 5/8” screw-on cable connector will need the proper female microphone cable which is NOT included in the listing.
Excellent cosmetic condition, but there are a few nicks and scratches on the grill. Please look carefully at the photographs.
The mic has been tested on a Mission Chicago 30 watt amp, and on a lovely little Kalamazoo Model Two amp. It performs great on both.
Out of stock
|Dimensions||3 × 3 × 3 in|