Custom Turner/Johnson 254, Johnson Grille Bullet Mic
– Great Tone! Hot!
– High-Impedance Harmonica Microphone
– Vintage 1964 Shure Controlled Magnetic
– 99B86 DF element
– Fresh Cherry Red Powder Coat
– Switchcraft 5/8” Screw-On Connector
– Premium Alpha Volume Control
– Fully Tested and Working
This is a chopped, milled, and cherry red powder coated bullet mic head from a classic Turner desk microphone. It’s been beheaded, and milled to remove the center mohawk rib on the top. This makes the mic a nice small diameter, easy-to-hold, and stage-ready.
I’ve added a Switchcraft 5/8” screw-on connector and 100K volume control for on-stage flexibility. This shell is light, and has a nice brushed chrome grille case and original brushed chrome Johnson badge. Additionally it has a premium aluminum volume control knob for good looks.
Tone-wise, this mic is hot and has great controlled bass distortion when cupped, and clear, crisp tone when open. This CM element sound is what’s important, and it has excellent sound!
The mic features:
– Strong 1964 Shure 99B86 DF element
– New Blows Me Away element gasket
– All new Powder Coat
– Premium Alpha Volume Control and Knob
– Vintage Slotted Aluminum Knob
– Switchcraft 5/8” screw-on connector
– 1014 Ohms, Strong element
– All new wiring
Great cosmetic condition, but a few dark spots on the powder coat near the cable connector. Please look carefully at the photographs.
The mic has been tested on a Mission Chicago 30 watt amp, and on a lovely little Kalamazoo Model Two amp. It performs great on both.
If you’ve got any questions, please ask and I’ll get back to you quickly.