Ugly Finish, Nice Grill,
High-Impedance Harmonica Microphone
Vintage 1974 Shure Controlled Magnetic
99B86 NK element
Fully Tested and Working
Is it beautiful or ugly? A been-through-the-ringer Shure 520 in rough cosmetic condition. Grungy, chipped, scratched, slightly pitted brushed-chrome grill. However inside it’s newly rewired, with new element gasket, and a great-sounding Controlled-magnetic element from 1974.
This 99B86 element is dirty-sounding and quite hot, as the B models tend to be. So if sound is what’s important to you, and cosmetics don’t matter, this mic howls!
The mic features:
– Strong 1974 Shure 99B86 NK element
– Original Green and grime finish
– Switchcraft 5/8” screw-on connector
– 1017 Ohms, Strong element
– Excellent grill and original mesh
– Original Green Shure Riveted Tin Tag
The mic has been tested on a Mission Chicago 30 watt amp, and on a lovely little Kalamazoo Model Two amp. It performs great on both.
Out of stock
|Dimensions||3 × 3 × 3 in|